Ram Audio W 6000
High End High-Power Amplifiers
Utilizing state-of-the-art technology RAM Audio introduces the W Series 2 and 4-channel high end power amplifiers with output ratings up to 12 kW . Dual PFC QuantaPulse switched-mode power supplies provide increased, smooth output irrespective of mains fluctuations. Housed in 46 cm deep, 2U rackmountable reinforced steel chassis the 7 high-power models are easily portable weighing in at 10 – 12 kg only.
The W Series features Neutrik XLR and Speakon connectors, a large blue LCD user interface and 13-detent digital encoders for convenient gain, bridge mode, input link and ICL setting. A DSP loudspeaker management system is optionally available.
- high-efficiency power amplifiers with up to 12 kW RMS output power
- regulated PFC QuantaPulse dual switch-mode power supply
- digital control with large blue LCD interface
- temperature and output level indication
- USB port for firmware updates and DSP control
- gain, bridge mode, input links and ICL configurable via 13-detent digital encoders on the front panel
- RAM Audio power management system (PMS)
- high-efficiency oversized output transistors for maximum reliability under extreme operating conditions
- easily removable front panel for dust filter cleaning, Neutrik XLR and Speakon connectors
PMS™: a complete Power Management System that monitors the essential parameters for safe operation. It precisely controls the power supply to the amplifier and output power under extreme and dangerous conditions:
- if the internal operating temperature approaches emergency shutdown during irregular operating conditions,
- if the power supply draws excessive current under laboratory conditions or during extended acoustic feedback.
ICL™: improved Intelligent Clip Limiting prevents loudspeaker damage while maintaining audio quality and punch under clipping conditions.
QuantaPulse™ Technology: The Soft Switching Resonant QuantaPulse Power Supply is designed to provide plenty of power when needed monitoring the necessary parameters of voltage and current for a controlled performance at all times. Bi-directional data flow between the power supply and power amp module. Two very important characteristics of the QuantaPulse power supply are the optimization against over-voltages and superior reliability.